The International Competition is open to wildlife documentaries. Its aim is to further and promote the knowledge of nature and the environment peculiarities from all over the world, and to contribute to the wider circulation of nature cinema.
Ten wildlife documentaries, chosen by the Film selection committee among candidates from across the globe, compete for the 'Stambecco d'Oro Trophy', assigned by the Jury of the audience, and for the other awards assigned by the Festival juries.
The films are screened simultaneously in all venues every day at 9 p.m.
The official selection of the XIX edition:
- ALEXANDRE, FILS DE BERGER by Veronique, Anne and Erik Lapied, France, 2014 – 69’
- YELLOWSTONE by Oliver Goetzl, Germany, 2015 – 54’
- NATURAL WORLD: THE BAT MAN OF MEXICO by Tom Mustill, United Kingdom, 2014 - 60’
- FREEDOM, LA LÉGENDE DES AIGLES by Muriel Barra and Jacques-Olivier Travers, France, 2015 – 52’
- WALKING UNDER WATER by Eliza Kubarska, Poland, Germany, United Kingdom, 2014 - 76’
- TIGER’S REVENGE by Nalla Muthu, India, 2014 - 44’
- PLANET DER SPATZEN by Kurt Mayer, Austria, 2013 - 51’
- SEE NO EVIL by Jos De Putter, Netherlands, 2014 – 72’
- ARAB SANDS by Brando Quilici, Italy, 2014 - 60’
- LIFE ON THE REEF by Nick Robinson, Australia, 2014 - 56’